Tuesday, November 22, 2011

somewhat comprehensive.

well. the time is almost upon me. i have survived. not only have i survived, but in many ways i have conquered. lots of learning. lots of growing. lots of crying. (dying to self hurts!). but God is good and ALWAYS faithful. it has been a trip longer than i originally anticipated, but so good. that being said, i am ready to go home! my last 2 weeks here will be good (i say in faith), but i am ready to be home again. i couldnt really think of what to blog about, so i am providing you with a somewhat comprehensive list of things that i am looking forward to, as well as things that i am going to miss. enjoy!


things i am looking forward to:

  • holding violett.
  • hugging my family.
  • eating a dang good cheeseburger.
  • going to dallas to hang out with craig.
  • playing skyrim.
  • playing league of legends with chase, ansen, pete, brian, tim, and spangs.
  • driving my car, singing to my music at the top of my lungs.
  • sleeping in my large and comfy bed with sheets that actually FIT the mattress.
  • seeing all my kids out at St. Luke's (we'll be meeting at Sonic again, surprise surprise).
  • getting some new clothes that fit my slightly skinnier new frame.
  • hanging out with my friends at 12 Spot/Generation North.
  • enjoying some winter weather.
  • watching a youtube video or two, just because i can.
  • getting my first tattoo, inked by my very own sister.
  • enjoying homemade popcorn with my mom.
  • going running and not being worried about being killed by traffic or falling into the sewer.
  • enjoying buying something (just the simplicity of seeing a price tag and knowing how much i am going to pay).
  • continuing to get in shape/having a really nice gym to use.
  • having a shower space that i actually fit in.
  • having a shower longer than 2 minutes.
  • walking down the street and being IGNORED by the general populace.

things i will miss most:

  • my very dear friends.
  • ultimate frisbee.
  • living in community.
  • living 45 seconds away from work.
  • having work.
  • the beaches (seriously. they are beautiful).
  • playing "horses" with our betting group.
  • playing call of duty with friends on saturday nights.
  • street meat.
  • a sufficient supply of gummy bears.
  • a fairly regular/consistent schedule.

ciao for now.

2 comments:

  1. You say nothing about me. How DARE you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you KNOW that i am looking forward to seeing you. i didnt say anything about dad either! or paul! or tons of other people! i thought about asking you to SKIP your FINAL because i want to see you so bad!

    ReplyDelete