Monday, October 17, 2011

delayed updates and inspiring prayers.

wow! i am so sorry that i have neglected this blog for so long! i dont really know who i am apologizing to, since i am not sure who actually reads this, but here it is anyway.


so what has been going on in the past month. to be honest, not a whole lot! life here on the ship has been pretty average. work has been pretty good. deb has been away for the past month and a half, but returns in 2ish weeks, so liz and i have been on our own for a while. things have gone pretty smoothly for only having two photographers.


i am going to be going out to a beach this weekend, and hopefully will be able to get some nice pictures. i am just about to the halfway point with raising the money for my crew fees. unfortunately, this means that i have not been able to replace my broken camera or replace my rapidly dying laptop. anyway. keep that in your prayers.


i have been a bit homesick the past couple weeks. some days are harder than others, but i miss my family pretty constantly, even if it isnt something that i am consciously thinking about. while i have enjoyed my time here, and am not in any rush to get home, i am really looking forward to seeing my family again.


i watched a movie recently. a good movie, and one i have seen many times. the movie ends with a prayer, and it really struck me today, so i thought i would conclude with this (altered only minorly):


dear Lord,
thank You for giving me the strength and the conviction to complete the task You entrusted to me. thank You for guiding me straight and true through the many obstacles in my path, and for keeping me resolute when all around seems lost. thank You for Your protection and Your many signs along the way. thank You for any good that i may have done. i'm so sorry about the bad. thank You for the friends i've made. please watch over them as You watch over me. thank You for giving me rest. i'm so very tired, but in You i may rest at peace. please help me to fight the good fight, to finish the race, and to keep the faith.


have a marvelous day.


ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment